After over a year hiatus I am back!!
It’s that time of year that we are all getting ready for Christmas parties, visitors and special times with our family. If you are like me your skin suffers the elements more this time of year, not to mention the stress, lack of sleep and indulgence of yummy food and holiday cocktails.
I had a break out last week that was lingering and taunting me. I have my husbands Christmas Party Friday so I was looking for a quick fix and I found one that you are going to love!!
What You’ll Need:
• 1 cup brewed green tea
• 1/4 teaspoon vodka (for the toner)
2 oz Vodka with ice and Cranberry/Cherry Juice for you (fancy cup)
• cotton ball for application
1. Brew one cup of green tea
2. Add vodka
3. Dip cotton ball in mixture and apply to skin
4. Celebrate with Vodka Christmas cocktail because you have done something great for your skin.
Vodka contains the alcohol ethanol, which when applied to skin, makes your skin feel tight, firm and refreshed. My vodka was in the freezer and felt so refreshing on my skin. This easy-to-make toner removes excess oil and dirt from the skin, leaving you feeling invigorated. Take care, however, not to add too much alcohol, as it can dry out your skin.
The above recipe, minus the booze treat for you comes from Hollywood Beauty Expert Kym Douglas and can be found in her book Bliss Happens. If you are serious about transforming your life and having a beauty, health and happiness routine that works for you and your family…on a budget no less, check it out! (Great Christmas Gift)
I use the luminescence serum from Jeunesse Global and it seems to be one of the few things that combats my angry Rosacea flare-ups without making it worse. Other than that I have found that products that I have in my kitchen are the very best treat for my skin. I apply organic virgin coconut oil right to my skin and if you are looking for a skin mask that will calm your skin try my favorite.
Silent Night Oatmeal Face Mask
3 tablespoons of ground outs (you can grind in a coffee grinder), mix with a 1 tablespoon of very hot water to soften, add 1 Tablespoon of honey.
The above can go on your skin as is or you can add:
- Instead of using hot water, use 1 tablespoon of cold milk.
- You can also use 1 tablespoon of chamomile tea instead of water.
- Add a few mashed up banana slices to the oats.
- Consider adding a few drops of almond oil or a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Replace the water with 1 tablespoon of olive oil instead, for a more nourishing mask.
- if you are experiencing redness or acne I would suggest using a tsp. of turmeric, tea tree oil or lemon juice.
Did you know?
- Oats act as a natural cleanser and have both exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honey has both antibacterial and antioxidant properties, which make it great for managing acne and blackheads.
- Lemons have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which makes them great for managing acne and blackheads. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic.
- Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and toner.
- Turmeric contains a photochemical called curcumin, which can benefit the body, both inside and out.
Turmeric mask works for acne and eczema. It reduces inflammation and redness, and promotes skin healing. Due to turmeric’s antioxidant properties, it has been used for skin rejuvenation. It helps softening lines and wrinkles, giving the face a more youthful appearance. It is also effective with rosacea – a chronic skin condition that is characterized by redness and pimples. It eases the redness and treats this disease.
Have a wonderful holiday season and don’t forget to treat your skin!!
If you were following me on Twitter I cannot access my old account but you can join me @girltuesday74
2 thoughts on “Treat your skin to some Holiday Cheer”
Going to try this vodka toner for sure . Thanks 🙂
Don’t forget a drink for you and a treat for your skin. Cheers!!