I am in the midst of some trying times and though it would probably be a good idea to turn to writing during the struggle I have not because I am a person that thinks way too much when something is weighing heavily on me so to my faithful readers I apologize and I promise I will give you some good (or at least mediocre) material soon.
To my delight my friend Shaz over at For The Love of Sass nominated me for 2013 Blogger of the Year.
I have been guilty of not accepting a lot of awards, some of them tend to get tedious and because of the work involved I know that others may tend to look at them as a bit of a nuisance. I assure you I madly, truly and deeply appreciate every nod of recognition from the people who support me here.
As they all do this award comes with rules and I am willing to follow them because I really needed a pick me up today and being nominated for Blog of the Year really did that for me. I have a passion for writing and sharing my stories openly and honestly has been a great help to me in accepting the woman I have become, coming to terms with past mistakes and in looking forward to the future. I have discovered a lot of amazing people and stories since I began blogging with WordPress, Shaz being one of them. She writes from her heart and really opens herself up, inviting us into her world, her struggles and her triumphs. I have the utmost admiration for people who can bare their soul and be true about who they are and how they feel at any moment in time knowing that we grow and change by the second. Shaz reminds me of a much younger version of myself and I want to give her all my wisdom in one big swoop and take away any hurt that she may be feeling. I watch her life unfold and watch her grow, endure, hurt, laugh and learn. I quietly encourage her because I think she is an amazing young lady and I know that she will be just fine.
NOW FOR THE RULES:
1. Select another blog(s) who deserve the award;
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
3. Include a link back to this page and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
My choice for Blog of the Year is HACKER. NINJA. HOOKER. SPY. by Aussa Lorens, she is real and funny, smart, a little bit of crazy, entertaining, shocking, never at a loss for words and I am simply absorbed every time I visit her site. I applaud her, I salute her and I reward her. I urge you all to go and visit her blog. She is someone I can imagine having tequila adventures with that we could never remember but were certain we had a blast! If you follow just one new blog this year you will be doing yourself a favor to choose hers. Grab a coffee and curl up somewhere comfy because once you start reading you may be there awhile. I also have to add that Aussa has a very good layout to her blog, you can tell that she puts her heart into it and that is something I appreciate. It is easy to navigate and pleasing to eye without being too busy so great job!! Three cheers for Aussa.
Thanks again to Shaz and thank you to everyone who has popped by, I love reading about your lives and I love your visits and words of encouragement.